Anyone who has kids or pets knows these seemingly innocent souls are actually supposed to be out of control and running riot in the house. You obviously cannot stop them being a kid but you surely can take precautionary measures to cut down on the risks of possible accidents.
To ensure safety around your pool, you may want to consider installing fencing around the perimeter of your pool deck. But how to choose one? To help you out with the decision, here are some of the most important things that you need to consider while choosing your pool fence.
- Material: Because safety is our first priority, the pool fence should be as strong as it can get. Also exposure to sun, water, chemicals and other weather elements makes most products used in the outdoor application; vulnerable. For this reason, you choose a material that can withstand all of these.
- Aesthetics: Safety does not have to be boring and ugly. In fact, it can be an extra accessory to increase the value of your house. Choose a fence that meets your requirements and blends in with the background. The frameless glass fence is also famous since these are discreet compared to other fences.
- Maintenance: Different fence materials have different maintenance demands. Consider the amount of time you can afford to spend maintaining your fence before you settle on a material. Both glass and steel can be cleaned with a bucket of soapy water followed by a cold-water rinse.
- Lock mechanism: The primary purpose behind pool fence installation is to avoid any untoward incidents by keeping the kids and pets away from the pool area. So make sure the gates of your pool fence has child-proof locks.
- Durability: Your pool is made to last, so it’s crucial that your safety fence is equally durable. Both glass and metal fences are highly regarded for their outstanding durability.
A pool fence is both practical and aesthetic. Consider the pros and cons of different fencing materials and choose the option that meets the specific needs of your pool and home. If you have other queries, call our expert team at SN Fencing and we will be happy to assist.